Can I get tested for COVID-19 at Brussels Airport?
Yes, a mobile test centre is available at Brussels Airport to carry out COVID-19 PCR tests.
Who can get tested?
- Passengers arriving from a red zone. They are obliged to get tested when arriving in Belgium and can immediately get tested upon arrival at Brussels Airport, or later at any other testing facility.
- All persons with an activation code of the Belgian government (as of the age of 2) after a contact tracing procedure.
- In a second phase: Passengers departing to a country that requires a negative COVID-19 test to enter the country.
You can only get tested if you do not show any COVID-19 symptoms.
How does it work?
A PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test is performed by taking a sample from the nose with a cotton swab. You may not eat, drink, smoke or brush your teeth 15 minutes prior to the test. The minimum age for the test is 2 years.
The tests will be analysed in the mobile lab which makes the results available within 24 hours. The results will be sent to you by e-mail so you don't have to wait at the test centre.
Ecolog, the lab operator, has an ISO 15189 accredited lab, which makes the results internationally valid.
- Location: At departure level outside the airport building
- Opening hours: From 3:30AM until midnight.
- Registration: Register in advance on the lab operator Ecolog's website or on site. Take in account that for on-site registration there might be a queue.
- Price: €67 (standard test) / €135 (rapid test) / €46.81 (for red zone/activation code - paid by NIHDI)