Can I get tested for COVID-19 at Brussels Airport?
Yes, a mobile test centre is available at Brussels Airport to carry out COVID-19 PCR tests.
Who can get tested?
- Passengers travelling to a country for which a negative test certificate is required.
- Belgian residents returning from a red zone are obliged to get tested and can do so at Brussels Airport. They must also to go into quarantine and have a second test carried out 7 days after their return home.
- Returning passengers with an activation code of the Belgian Government after completing the PLF form.
- All persons with a prescription from a doctor.
You can only get tested if you do not show any COVID-19 symptoms.
How does it work?
A PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test is performed by taking a sample from the nose with a cotton swab. You may not eat, drink, smoke or brush your teeth 15 minutes prior to the test. The minimum age for the test is 5 years. By government decision, children under the age of 6 should not be tested.
The tests will be analysed in the mobile lab on site, which makes the results available within 24 hours. The results will be sent to you by e-mail so you don't have to wait at the Test Centre.
With this on-site laboratory, it is also possible to opt for a PCR rapid test with the result available within 4 to maximum 6 hours*. This is particularly useful for departing passengers who need a negative test certificate for a specific destination.
Ecolog, the lab operator, has an ISO 15189 accredited lab, which makes the results internationally valid.
- Opening hours: From 3:30AM until midnight.
- Registration: Register in advance on the lab operator Ecolog's website or on site. Take in account that for on-site registration there might be a queue.
- Price: €67 (standard test) / €135 (rapid test) / €46.81 (for red zone/activation code - paid by NIHDI)
* The result of the rapid test depends on when the test was taken. For tests taken before 6AM, the result will be available between 10AM and 11AM. If the test was taken between 6AM and 4PM, you will receive the result after 4 to maximum 6 hours. For tests taken after 4PM, the results will be available the next day between 10AM and 11AM.