Do I need written consent to travel with children?

If you're travelling with someone else’s child or with a child with a different surname, you may have to explain the relationship between you and the child to immigration officers at your destination.

If you're travelling alone with your child, you may have to provide evidence that you have the other parent’s consent to travel.

There are no fixed rules on this matter: each country decides whether or not it requires such documents. We strongly recommend checking the requirements of the countries you are travelling from and to, before travelling.

Did we answer your question?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)